This scholarship is awarded to a student who has a strong academic performance, provides service to the community, demonstrates financial need and is committed to continuing his/her education by obtaining an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, although other majors will be considered.
Amount to be awarded:
1. $1000 will be awarded to the student who qualifies and wins this scholarship.
2. Scholarship money is intended to be applied to tuition or textbook costs.
3. Scholarship amount will be split over 2 consecutive semesters; $500 will be given
at the beginning of each semester.
4. Student must be enrolled in consecutive semesters.
5. If student fails to enroll for the 2nd semester, the remaining scholarship money will be denied.
1. Student must be a resident of the Village of Bellwood.
2. Student must be pursuing a degree at a community college, 4-year college or university, preferably in business.
3. Before receiving monies, student must provide proof of enrollment.
4. All high school seniors or graduates from Bellwood are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship application process:
1. Student must complete the attached application form.
2. Student must write a 300-500 word essay as indicated below.
Essay Question/Statement: (choose one)
• Describe how you have been involved with or provided service to your community and how it has influenced your personal development.
• After graduation, how do you plan to give back or be engaged in the community of Bellwood.
• Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your chosen field of study and future goals.
• Describe a special attribute or accomplishment that makes you a good candidate for this scholarship.
• Why is it important for you to get a college education?
For more information, call Robert Truman (Executive Director) at 708-573-3868